dinsdag 10 december 2013

Happy Is More Than a Music Video, Let's Call It Intelligent Marketing



There is always a tear behind a great smile. When you’re feeling down or sad, it is hard to make yourself feel better. Well, if there is one thing that made me smile that little more, it is the 24-hour ‘Happy’ video of Pharrell Williams. No kidding, 24 hours long! The groove just makes me dancing in my head all day long! The longer I listen to the song –which is btw the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack, the more I forget I’m hearing the same song all over again.



I like dancing, music and marketing! Maybe that’s why I ‘m a huge fan of “Happy”

The world’s first 24-hour video consists of images and people dancing to the song, including other celebrities like Steve Carrell, Kelly Osbourne and Jamie Foxxx. The video is presented as an interactive clock. Users can click specific times to jump ahead,  watching a few second of each performance. Each performance/take lasts 4 minutes, 4 minutes of dancing in the streets of LA.

Marketing it is!

This is not just another music video. It is an ingenious content marketing move! It shows you what you can do and what the capabilities are of a ridiculously simple idea. On top of that, how would you describe this project? Is it just a music video or is it art? But maybe, it is a great internet campaign? Yes indeed, ‘Happy’ is everything. Lines are continually being blurred between medium, artists, creation and communication, and that’s what I call great marketing.

The website has already 5 000 000 views! It creates powerful buzz, a dream for every marketer. Everyone can share his moment of happiness, and sure they do!

Unfortunately, the site doesn’t work on mobile – only on your desktop or tablet. Of course, as a digital marketer, I think it is a shame because responsive design is a must nowadays. It is the user experience that enables visitors to consume and share content on any website through the device of their choice and preference, anytime. The video is doing ok and is going viral, but when they should give us the possibility to view it on our mobile phone, the views and shares would increase even more!

So…

If you want to cheer yourself up, I highly recommend you to listen to the song and watch the video. But I’ll warn you, you will lose some time! Time goes faster than you think. I’m already addicted.  And don’t forget to share your moment of happiness…


Please let me know: do you agree? Is this Marketing? 



Author 
Brett Dufort - Application Inspiration
Student Digital Marketing at Ehsal Management school - ehsaldmc

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Leave a comment: